Thursday, March 30, 2006

Spitting.... Peeing....Shitting.......

If you feel this title is yucky, i would tell u that Indian roads are as yucky ! Yes, its an outburst of my thoughts as I walk, ride or look along the roads of some of the best cities in our nation. It was a fine wee hour when I enter chennai city and about to cross over the road. It must be 4.30 Am and my instinct never let me take animal-like running across roads when sub-way or flyover is there. After all, these basic infrastructure are built from our taxes and we should make use of ! Many a times, sub-ways are closed until 6 AM ! This is one such morning !!

As I cross the road, there is small gust pass thru me .. I shocked and stopped my early morning gait. I could see it is a fluid and it was too dark to see the color or ingredient !! As i turn left, i see it orginated from a human walking jus a feet before me. He is playing that titanic game but, missed a girl to accompany. I continued walking.

I got a window seat in chennai local bus. I had to put my bag, jerkin, two forelimbs all on my lap. I could see all "paaan" spitted all over the window. Though the bus was half empty I went around to see a "good seat". I think in other countries, a good seat could mean differently. In Indian cities, its different. I should be lucky to see where there is no chewed gum sticken, no pan being spitted, seats are not torn and your bum not being pricked by nails.

Its as early as people take nature's call and it was Saidapet Iam crossing now. Where do these guys go ?? nowhere, jus to streets !! After an hour, there is going to be population moving around..is it ok to take a shit here.. "never mind!" says their instinct and they take the relief.

So, will you spit in your living hall ? Will you pee in your bedroom ? will you shit in your kitchen ?? Will you do these inside a temple /mosque / church ? If you are slapped morally.. look back.. Indians you are doing it !!!! India is home and roads are living place.. now tell me, aren't you doing ??? No, Im not preaching you living manners. I just have a simple question. I am software professional with engineering degree and feel India is not a bad place to LIVE ! This year my tax liability is 62,000 INR, don't you feel with such a feeling and so much money contributed towards country... I do not deserve an environment/lifestyle/society that is better than this shit piling, shocking gust of salivas, salted yellowing urine ? Just think this society is super mix of variants and Just keep in mind some people shouldn't be offended as well !

PS: I've been living in bangalore and chennai and my thoughts are based on my experience.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i was about to write an article abtout this. anyways totally endorse ur thoughts and also we can do our li'l duty in terms of chewing gum throwing and other covers and not using the polythene bags. what say ?

Karthik Srinivasan said...

U have exactly reflected thoughts of 1000s of ppl like us. As long as people are not civilized enough u can't stop all these... Ppl urinating on pathways, railway station and busstand walls shud be fined or imprisoned. There shud be legal dealings..

Any new bus or train introduced by Govt, new subway/pathway built is immediately under attack of the uncivilised crowd. If ppl don't have the awareness of maintaining public properties, then there is no way that we cud save it.

On the other hand, imagine how unusable and disgusting public toilets would have been that ppl don't bother coming out to roads to attend nature's call... Let govt make all thos epublic conveniences proper first. Even if after that ppl do this, Strict fine system like in Singapore shud be imposed.

Hell's Angel said...

I almost puked while reading this.. u shouldn't have described them like this..yuck..It reminds me of 1 such incident which i loath to narrate..

I can understand your growing patriotic feelings!!keep it up & keep it going..;)

Sandhya said...

hey..wat do you think can be done to prevent people from polluting the environment..build small groups and see to that your neighbourhood is kept clean??? It is a viscious circle..the government will blame it on the public and vice versa..so where is the solution? Any thoughts?

Balachandran C said...

@Sandhya, very late response from me. I think its all about culture and education. Education ratio should be increased asap as a wave. Like how politicians do campaign before elections, like any marketing for movie or cricket.. Govt shd come forward make education more affordable. When I mean education, its not that they teach English. When somebody i educated, everything else comes naturally. And I believe it strongly because, one first question always asked, during stupid embarrassed moment is :"yov, nee padichavan thaane ?"