Thursday, March 23, 2006

My new love !

Its when i am in my second year of my graduation, I had my first love for my bike. Those were the days when the bike models were very conservative and I could see only Yamaha (with its RX series), Suzuki (Samurai) and Hero Honda (Splendor) on market. My thinking was so typical, as I purchased bike with my piggy bank made out of my scholarship. I looked for bike with decent looks having good mileage. That was the time, yamaha withdrew RX-100 and Suzuki withdrew Shogun. So, I were to take Splendor unconditionally. Nothing to feel sad, it is a good bike still. These days i hardly drive my splendor and yday a ride to office proved real pleasant and nostalgic.


My bike purchase is the beginning of launch of various bike models. Passion, CBZ were the ones launched during 1Q of 2001 and thereon, almost more than a dozen bikes been launched. I started fuming a little bit and it was in 3Q 2002 when I started working and see my big money flowing in ! Much hyped Thunderbird were priced 87K INR at the launch and in my calculation it took about 5 months salary then !

After 4 years of working, now I am contemplating on impressive car models, this thunderbird is putting me in dilemma. Whether its a Maruti Swift or a Thunderbird, when I relocate chennai is my million-dollar question right now !!!

3 comments:

Karthik Srinivasan said...

Bike vaangardhoda, adhula Pillion-la ukkandhu varadhukku oru permanent partner-ayum ready pannidu ;-)

Hell's Angel said...

Thunder bird'um super, maruti swift'um super.. its a tough choice.. But atleast swift can accomodate more ppl than thunderbird..so think..:-)

Teal™ said...

I knw u have not asked da readers for an opinion, but i wud recommend a "Thunderbird". I knw hell's angel has put forth the practicality of choosing a swift, but a thunderbird is the only vehicle that 'demands' respect when rode upon. everyone stares at a thunderbird when it blazes the road!!!