Thursday, March 09, 2006

Marshal Mathers a.k.a Eminem

It's high time, I did not write about my favourite - Eminem ! Originally called as Marshal Mathers hailed from Detroit and then moved to California to work closely with his Hip Hop Mentor Dr Dre. It was sometime in 2000 and I was in my second year of my graduation, I was told of this Rap Artist by my friend Prakash. My first hearing on a Rap songs… album named "Marshal Mathers LP". For some reason or so, I was pissed off with the way my life had been. We were living so monotonous taking up internal assessments tests almost every week and only good thing to happen was I moved out of Anna university hostels to my flat in Velachery with my mom and sister. I started visualizing Eminem as a person who is my split personality gushing out thoughts/feelings from my mind so freely. He, to me,was like Brad Pitt to Edward Norton in Fight Club.


I was naturally fed up could not put with monotonous life and way the people around me behave. I was naturally using F word so much, putting unnaturally more weights in my gym, hearing really loud music at mid nights, hated whenever a female talked to me in college and badly wanted to start earning for the way I want to live my life. Then, eminem was my God's gift and still, I owe a great thanks to my friend who referred me to Eminem's Works. I now stand to feel, eminem has got more versataile and matured in his lyrics or beats than he was in year 2K. His track "Stan" was the only great piece , as I feel now in that album. But, I was happy to hear songs like "Kill you", "The Way I am" , "Criminal", "Bitch please ". That was a great transition for me who was a die-hard Bryan Adams, U2 fan those days. I started realising how yuckily Bryan Adams words on Love were compared to U2's Love songs.

Then, followed albums like "The Eminem show" which made him a super selling, right-on-top rap artist. His songs started having contents on Mr. Bush, America, Elvis, Britney Spears, Spice Girls against his all time topic - Kim , his ex-wife then and wife now. His hollywood debut and more close to his real life story "8 Mile" put him stronger again with his "Lose Yourself". Final album before his all hits compilation (The Curtain Call), Encore is his another masterpiece and sadly, it didn’t repeast history as "The Eminem Show" did. His final video as of now - "When Im gone" disappointingly expressed a feeling that his rap career messed up his personal life. I got to know his life through his songs as any other fan and I accepted his thoughts in "When Im gone". But, the track is a masterpiece to end his single-career. Hope to hear him more with D-12 in future.

Thanks to his Detroit side brought up, his rap-speed and modulation on words are phenomenal in Rap history and he is a history for sure !

3 comments:

Teal™ said...

comparing ur state with the fite club analogy is too much .. but luks like u r a hard-core eminem fan ..in my opinion , he is a psychopath who's head will pop out any moment owing to all that bottled up anger.

Hell's Angel said...

i came 2 know abt eminem thru my bro.. i "used" 2 listen 2 his songs when i was in my 10th..but now after this bloddy CAS i lost interest in music/tv..:(

Balachandran C said...

@ trinity teal,

U never know me and certainly cant say whether my comparison to fite club is acceptable or not ! :-P

If u say he is psychopath bcoz of his anger shown in songs... Fred Durst, Metallica ... hear them and get back !