Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Dates in my Life ;-)

Dates - This is probably the most heard/uttered word today... I dont really find a relation between Feb 14 and Dates... But, certainly there is no day for me without dates. As I sat little underutilized and unproductive to my boss, i am here blogging a few words on my opinions on dates.

This is different generation where even the married couples dont eat in home (with certainly both career oriented and have to get to their work and spare me, I am used to see slogging couples in my very little grown up years and most of them both in software industry) because of getting to sleep really late in the night (again here, i am not getting pervert trying to say what they do until the early morning ;-D) due to work pressures and highly impossible deadlines (hehehe, i certainly had stolen these much used words from recent Email forwards and the TOI daily in bangalore ;-) ). Here, the couple is happy that they get to date every dinner, either in some restaurants on the way home or in the office canteen itself (if both were employed for same firm). The quality of food and the necessary contents for the health gets defeated when they enjoy each other's presence and enjoy the dinner-date.

Here, I want to go back and think of my school days when I was not so used to Dates and not been in any liking for it. My dad has always been health conscious on his kids that he used to tell "atleast 1 illae 2 eduthukko..otherwise, you will feel tired and dont get the energy". At this time, if you guys guessed what he is meaning.. I would say you are "my kind". I am even not interested to eggs those days (this is not certainly due to my Iyerism on this taste) .

But, these days when I am living alone and my dad and family 400 kilometers away when they could hardly mind what my day is like, I run at 9 PM to Food World to get a packet of Lion Dates because, my stock of Dates is over by yesterday. Being a vegetarian and not getting used to suggested ergonomics for my body and health.. I am always used to go gym atleast 5 or 6 times a week. Egg, Dates and Banana are definite must for my diet. It is said, Dates give the necessary Iron content that my bones grow harder to carry the weights in the gym. If I get to bring my dad or mom to my place in bangalore, they would definitely be happy at my changed attitude on diet.

I am worried now if I become part of that busy working couple, would i be having time to jog, work-out, eat my banana & Dates that I need ????

I certainly believe i emphasized what I wanted to blog ;-)

2 comments:

Karthik Srinivasan said...

Let me see after ur marriage which one keeps u longing for it.. A dinner-date or a packet of Lion dates.. :-)

Hell's Angel said...

comparing dating with dates huh? so dates ur staple food? Mr. Nakal mannan off late uve been talking too much abt marriage & its aftermath.. gotto tell ur parents 2 keep a check on u..:D