Friday, April 21, 2006

Cooking - Whose business is this ????!!!???

















These are scenes that put me on thought for a while ..... In every day life, my mom...my aunts...my in-laws (sister-in-laws) all take up kitchen role. And, apart from occassional "take-over" by my dad I do not see many males doing the cooking job on regular lifestyle.

But, when it comes to cook job...be it from people shown above or in any marriage halls... you get to see almost all men team .... "Ungalukku palaghat mani iyer theriyumaaa ? " If "theriyadhu" is what your mind murmurs... "Avar oru cook'anum... ingae oru periyavar vethalai petti kaanum'nu thaedindirundhaar illaeyaa..avar thaan!" Be it Mani Iyer or Kameswaran.. I had thought why men take this cook role when it comes to big sizes ???

A normal instance to show chauvinism in society - that male think cooking is no proud thing if it is not getting money in returns ???? *** Raised eyebrows ***

3 comments:

Hell's Angel said...

yeah most of the caterers out here r males.. but then wat is the point in u seeing females cook @ home.. y dont u make a change?? atleast try 2 make a change in near future..

Karthik Srinivasan said...

Not only caterers, even five star hotel chefs, all sarakku master, dosa masters in normal hotels are all men. But still do u think these ppl will cook at home?? Never!!! Their wives or mom will cook...

I still remember the interview of a star hotel chef in a weekly: "I entered kitchen one day resting my mom. After cooker gave 3 whistles I switched it off and opened the lid.. there was a huge blast and my mom cmae running in... I was like scared to hell.. '5 STAR hotel chef-am. Cooker aavi adangara varai open panna koodadhunu kooda therila'she said with a laugh" :-D

Such is the case of Chefs... Chauvenism exists anyday anywhere... BTW, I know cooking very well and surely will share my wife's burden in future :-)

Unknown said...

hmmm un pondattikku oru feminist kidaichittaa!!!!!

so avalukku kavalai illae ..

jokes apart i think its a matter that is a glaring example of the male state of mind ...